When you wash your clothes, you may be inadvertently using Plastic.
Here are 3 sources of plastic in your wash:
- Detergent packaging: traditionally, laundry detergents are packaged in plastic based materials.
- Laundry capsules/pods are often encapsulated in PVA film
- Micro- plastics released from your clothes that contain Lycra or Polyester
- Swap your conventional detergent to a plastic free version such as our bide eco laundry powder which arrives in a fully compostable bag. Better still refill in your local refill shop.
- Invest in a mesh bag to use in every wash to catch micro-plastics
- When you next buy new clothes, avoid plastic-based materials or buy pre-loved versions